Today, on my way home from dropping off the kids at school, I saw some beautiful things.
The first of many beautiful things:
I saw a MEND truck driving west on Roscoe on its way to a pickup. MEND (Meeting Each Need with Dignity) is an amazing organization that empowers men and women to transition successfully out of poverty. Seeing the representation of that truck gives me hope.
Second, I saw some students from Joaquin Miller Career and Transition Center getting ready to cross the street. Every student was paired with a staff member and the staff member was showing them the lights, the signals, the button to push for the crosswalk, and the students were smiling big. Seeing this helps me appreciate the small things. While we would take this for granted - others of a special kind need to be taught how to do this, and it's up to us that know how to do it to be patient with them; and give them time to learn these new things.
Witnessing these events changes my perspective. It helps me to realize that while there are bad things occurring in our world everyday, it takes a positive mind, and character to see the beauty in the mundane.
I hope all of you see beauty today and appreciate it.
No comments:
Post a Comment